I chose this particular lesson plan because I LOVE the idea of having students have a pen pal relationship with a spanish speaking peer. When I was young, one of the best ways I became fluent in spanish was having exchange students that only spoke spanish, and then continuing to communicate with them via Skype and messenger programs. Speaking with peers in spanish is a great way to learn the language because students would be extra motivated to learn and really understand what they are saying. This lesson plan supports many of the core curriculum standards and would motivate children to truly learn the language and increase fluency seamlessly.
The only gaps I noticed in the lesson plan between the teaching strategies and the technologies used would be in evaluating the comprehension of the Skype conversations. While students are having their Skype conversations with their pen pals they would take notes with pen and paper, per the teacher. What I would suggest instead is having them type up any words or phrases they didn't understand, or words and sentences they had difficulty understanding due to the speakers' native accents. The students could then infer meaning of the words/ phrases and do their best to understand the difficult words, and then compare their inferences to the meanings of the words once they looked them up. By sharing what they found with their classmates they would help cement what they learned, and also multiply their knowledge as they learned the words that their other classmates had learned.
Once I got used to using Google Sheets I thought it was very user friendly and easy to navigate. I think Google Sheets would be great to use with your students so that they can see your documents and share theirs with yours. It seems like a great tool to use in classrooms so that students can submit their work to their teachers and teaches can comment in a quick, easy to view format. The link to my google sheet is below!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UhSSImzOsTTyKUq9UKmgzEAL2dRJJkXAX2Ug8-mlXc0/edit?usp=sharing
No comments:
Post a Comment